Parental control app for Android
Screen Time is a parental control app that gives you control over how your kids spend time on their tablets and phones.
Screen Time is not the typical invasive “app launcher” that changes the natural tablet and mobile device experience. It is non-invasive, can’t be uninstalled by kids, and just works. This makes it ideally suited for older children and teenagers, as well as younger children.
- Daily recurring time limit
- Kids spending too much time glued to their screen? Screen Time has a simple non-invasive timer that just works.
- Bedtime control
- Block games at bedtime, but allow reading apps
- Lights out control
- Block all apps at lights out time
- School time control
- Block social apps and games, but allow educational apps during school hours
- Block kids device remotely
- Time for lunch? Push a button on your phone, and your kids will be timed out from their devices. No more begging, bribing, or shouting!
- Reward your kids with bonus time for completing tasks
- Kids used up today’s Screen Time? If they tidy their room you can reward them with bonus time from the convenience of your own device. Add as many different tasks as you like – you’ll be amazed how your kids start to manage their time responsibly!
- Real-time monitor
- What’s Billy doing on his device? What web sites is he visiting? What apps is he using? What apps is he spending most time on? Keep track of what they’re up to from your own device, without having to own theirs.
- Blocked apps
- Block certain apps completely. Get an alert whenever your kids install a new app.
- Kids can’t uninstall it
- Requires your own password to uninstall.
- Works with the new Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Screen Time is fully compatible with Android versions 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat), and 5 (Lollipop).
Screen Time is unique in that it was first created, and is now actively developed by parents that use it every day. We know what features help us manage Screen Time with our families, and we have lots of new ideas planned for future releases. So give it a try, and let us know what you think.
What our customers say
“Hands down the best parental and time limit app on the market”
“I would recommend this app to any parent with children old enough to talk back”
“I LOVE this app because it lets me limit their time without having to directly play the bad guy, but I ADORE this app because it allows them to earn time by doing household chores and random acts of kindness”
“I really love being able to see how much time my kids spend on their tablets. The breakdown of how long on which app is fantastic. The BEST part is the timers. They take the fight out of it, when time is up, time is up, it is not me being a mean mom!”
Screen Time Remote
Remotely monitor and control all your kids’ Screen Time from the convenience of your own devices using our Screen Time Remote service. Access it from any web browser (iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac etc) from anywhere.
When you install the Screen Time app you’ll start a 14 day free trial of the Screen Time Remote service. If you like it (we think you’ll love it), you can set up a subscription that covers both parents, and up to 6 connected children’s devices. If not, you can continue to use the Screen Time app on your kids’ devices without the Screen Time Remote, for free, for as long as you like.
Setting up Screen Time on your families devices is easy, just follow these simple steps:
- Install Screen Time on your child’s Android device and follow the setup screens
- You should then receive an email with details of how to access your Screen Time Remote service
- Then if you have more than one child, Install Screen Time on each of their devices (use the same “parent’s email” as you used on the first device when prompted – this identifies your Screen Time Remote account)
If you’re child’s device is running the new Android 5.0 Lollipop, you can also upgrade to our Device Owner version.