To be able to monitor and limit usage on Apple devices Screen Time requires the installation of a Mobile Device Management Profile. This is basically a bit of configuration that sits on your child’s device which links it to the servers here at Screen Time Labs and allows us to monitor usage and remotely administer the iPad/iPhone.
Each time that Screen Time is opened on an iPad or iPhone it will check to see if the MDM profile is installed correctly and if it is not then it will ask you to run through the following installation screens:
1. Tap Open profile installation screen on this screen to start the profile installation.
2. The Safari web browser should open and download the initial profile from Screen Time Labs automatically, then you’ll see this screen, where you need to tap Install in the top right hand corner
3. You’ll be asked to either enter a passcode or create one. If you’re asked to enter a passcode then please use the same one that is used to unlock the device (if you don’t know it then your child will). If you’re asked to create one then please come up with one that you’ll remember.
4. Tap Install on this page again, then tap Trust in the box pops up.
5. Then you’ll be taken back to a Safari page where you can tap Continue to finish the install.