To be able to monitor and limit usage on Apple devices Screen Time requires the installation of a Mobile Device Management Profile. This is basically a bit of configuration that sits on your child’s device which links it to the servers here at Screen Time Labs and allows us to monitor usage and remotely administer the iPad/iPhone.
Each time that Screen Time is opened on an iPad or iPhone it will check to see if the MDM profile is installed correctly and if it is not then it will ask you to run through the following installation screens:
1. Open the App store and download our Screen Time Parental Control app.
2. Tap on Enable Location Services and then tap Always Allow.
3. Tap on Enable notifications and then tap Allow.
4. Tap on Open profile installation screen.
5. Tap Continue. A pop up will appear stating “This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this? Tap Allow and then Close.
6. Go to Settings > General > Profile and tap on Screen Time Profile.
7. Tap the Install button in the top right corner and enter your device passcode. Then, tap Install.
8. On the following page, tap Install in the top right corner.
9. A popup labeled Remote Management will appear, tap on Trust.
10. Tap on Done in the top right corner.
11. A popup will appear titled App Management Change. Tap on Manage.
Congratulations, you’re ready to start using Screen Time!