Updating Screen Time on your child’s device will depend on the version of Screen Time that you’re currently using.
If you installed Screen Time on your child’s device from the Google Play Store then you can update it from with the Google Play Store app on your child’s device. It would be best to have the Screen Time app auto updated so follow the steps below to do that:
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Tap Menu >> My apps & games
- Select the app you want to update
- Tap More
- Check the box next to “Auto-update.”
Or if you want to manually update or have all apps on the device auto update check out Google’s help page for more info.
Screen Time Website
If you installed Screen Time on your child’s device using the steps on this page, then the app will keep itself updated. Your child will get a pop up on their device, they will have to update in order to carry on using the device.
Most Apple devices have automatic updates turned on by default, however you can check if the app on your kid’s device is up-to-date by:
- Open the Apple App Store
- Tap Updates in the menu at the bottom of the page
- If you see Screen Time in that list then you can tap update to get the latest version.